Snoring can be a very boring, but it can become a health hazard. Sleeping with a snorer often becomes a nuisance to the person sharing the same bed, preventing sleep.
Often, it may even wake up with her own snoring, which often reach 80 decibels (motorcycle), disrupting his sleep stages often resulting in daytime fatigue.
Snoring become dangerous and pathological when it cause sleep apnea.
Men are more noisy than women. People with overweight proved a prime target. The problem usually worsens with age.
An estimated 45% of adults snore occasionally, but only 25% were severe snorers.
Snoring is caused by incomplete blockage of the upper airway mainly by the vibrations of the air to inspiration. The internal structures, or the soft palate and uvula, have no muscle tone and produce these sounds so unpleasant.
Snoring can be an indicator of sleep apnea or respiratory arrest (apnea) but there is also a phenomenon of primary snoring who wants non-pathological.Primary snoring, are known as simple snoring or mild non-pathological snoring, sleep apnea, ie, without or without blocking breathing.
How does one distinguish the primary snoring, snoring indicators of obstructive sleep apnea?
- Be observed during sleep by another person.
- No evidence of insomnia or fatigue the day due to snoring.
- Dry mouth upon awakening.
- A sleep study showing that snoring proved benign.
- No evidence of abrupt awakenings, no oxygen desaturation or cardiac disorders during sleep.
- A normal sleep architecture. Normal breathing durand sleep. No other signs of sleep disorders
What can we do for primary snoring (mild)?
First, a sleep study is needed to remove all doubt from sleep apnea or other sleep-related disorders. Losing weight, sleeping on your side, avoid alcohol and sedatives may lessen snoring.